Sunday, November 1, 2015

Good-bye October!

We enjoyed fantastic weather this weekend!  Mother Nature's cooperation added to the festive mood as we celebrated Halloween and November's arrival here in my remote corner of the planet!

After our morning coffee we hit the road ...
... and took pleasure in a long, albeit chilly walk!
The afternoon was spent making treats ...
... and carving pumpkins!  I must confess ... I am responsible for the "one-eyed" Jack.  The carving knife slipped ... I say he is winking ... Mr. DD just shakes his head!  Life in DillyDallydom ... is often too silly for words!
It was a beautiful evening ... lots of costumed children trick and treating ... a perfect end to October.
We all slept in ... how I appreciated the extra hour!  As if that wasn't enough ... Mother Nature bathed us with this gorgeous rose colored sunrise!  This photo has not been filtered or altered in any way.  Seconds later, the pink was nearly gone ... am thrilled that I was able to capture those few moments with the camera!
My 007 work continues ... spent some time this past week working on my second project mission for our guild's Auction.
I ramped up the glamor factor by using silk appliqué pieces and metallic thread!  Too fun!
Girlfriend DD spent the afternoon undercover as well!  She accomplished two covert missions for the Auction today!  Dust does not settle on this girl ... she gets it done ... and has great workmanship too! Loved spending the afternoon dillydallying with her!
While she worked on her projects, I was working on binding ... yep, proof that my second auction item is almost done!
I say this every month ... it is hard to believe that November is here. However ... this year she did arrive under the best of circumstances!  I am unable to stop time ... so it is best to embrace November and welcome her!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the 007 projects.
    Love the 1-Eyed Jack!
    The treats look good also. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete