Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Power of Encouragement!

We are all navigating life as best we can.  It is a journey ...
...  a voyage that we pilot, but honestly ... we really have no idea of where it will take us.  As we travel our life crosses and parallels the journey of others.
Relationships are often complicated.  Some serve as flowers along the way and others make the journey difficult.
Stephen Covey (author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People) refers to this problem as the "Twin Tumors".  The cancer of comparing and competing prevents us from being a buoy in the lives of others.  The subtle criticisms ... off handed comments ... humor with a bite ... creep in and fill us with self-doubt.  This "soft" form of negativity adds up, and we become "boxed" in and feel constrained.
I could see off in the horizon where I wanted to go ... I had become confused and the view was obstructed.
Without warning ... POW!  A stranger says, "Yes, absolutely you can do that."  Those simple words of encouragement and all obstructions fall away ... and the flowers at my feet come into view.  A paradigm shift has occurred.
I feel my resilience return ... I can step around the negativity ...
... the view is clear and I am back at the helm.
That stranger will never know the value of her encouragement ... she was the "life saving device" I needed ... at that very moment!  It makes me pause ... and ponder ... my dillydally principles have been reconfirmed by this brief interaction.  The dillydally suit of armor has been polished and reinforced with resolve.

Do what you love.  Encourage one another.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally
  

No comments:

Post a Comment