Friday, January 30, 2015

Family IS Priceless!

My trip to Oregon was primarily a "scouting" mission ... seeking a route and quilt shops for the Dillydally Trail!
John Day River - West end of John Day Valley
My mother grew up in the John Day Valley ... and I am blessed to have family that continues to live there!  I had contacted my cousin to let her know that I would be driving through and hoped we could see one another.  She put her life aside ... and graciously invited me to join her and extended family members for brunch in her home.
It was a lovely couple of hours ... in every way.  The last time I had seen them was at the reunion in 2012.  It was so nice to have a chance to catch up with one another ... time around a dining table with family is priceless!
The view from Ruthie's home.
Ruthie joined me!  We had such a wonderful time stopping along the way ... sharing our lives with one another.  We are only nine months apart in age ... and as the day unfolded ... we found so many parallels in our lives.  Sometimes it was almost spooky!  Them "nuts" never fall far from the tree!  Priceless!
Another Cousin, Shana, joined us in Baker City that evening!  Ruthie surprised us with gifts ... such thoughtfulness ... such fun!
We took multiple group pictures ... but agreed not to post them online!  Yep ... with all the laughing, tears, and shenanigans ... it was impossible to get a decent photo!  At 3:00 am the next morning, I finally fell asleep in the middle of the conversation ... I have no idea how much longer they kept up the party! ;-)  Girl time ... with cousins ... completely priceless!
Wednesday night I made it to my next destination ... first visit with Sister DillyDally in LA!
We spent yesterday doing some of our favorite things ... shopping and a movie!  Complete with an IKEA lunch of swedish meatballs, lingonberry juice ... of course!
Taken through the car window!
Time with your children ... whenever and where ever ... IS priceless!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally

1 comment: