Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fiber & Friends - Saturday, Day 7

The inspiration continued ... I love color pattern knitting of every kind!  Mary Jane Mucklestone has written books on both Scandinavian and Fair Isle color charts!
Her samples are so inspiring.  It is one thing to see them in her books, but nothing compares to seeing and touching them live!  Off the charts wonderful!  I took two classes from her this week ... wonderful!
Twelve women came to class ...
... each with their own color choices.
Mary Jane demonstrated multiple techniques throughout the day!
By day's end ... amazing results!  What a wonderful way to spend the day!
To celebrate at the final evening program, participants were invited to display the items they had worked on in classes during the week.  Here two participants in my Simply Steeks class displayed their samples!
And ... I was so excited to see that two women from my mitten class had each completed a mitten.  Such a thrill for me to see others use my design and techniques!
Such a wonderful feeling ... it has been an amazing week in so many ways!  How I love this dillydally life in my remote corner of the planet!

Do what you love.  Do dillydally!
Mrs. DillyDally
One more pic ... cannot get enough of all this color inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. My mitten is coming along, slowly but nicely. Thanks for all your help and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that you are working away on your mitten! Hope your travels home to California went well! So nice to meet you and share a day together!

      Delete